FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which PC's Will Close/Consolidate?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2010, 7:09 am
Scott6067

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
JSlo, you have not met a small PClub until you transit FLL. I'm as grateful as any to have a lounge, but damn. It's a PCloset.
I never got that image of the FLL lounge. I will stop in there and make sure we are talking about the same lounge!

Originally Posted by DCBob
DCA - definitely gone.
I think that UA and CO will see the reason to keep that lounge. Maybe hard for connections but the historic significance of it and the views it has are outstanding, granted I have not been in the UA Club there.

I think a lot of the PC intergration issues have more to do with the current contracts that CO and UA currently have in place with the airports. I am sure that CO's DIA contract was up for renewal and they choose to leave vs. upping for a new one.

The sad part is the new PC in SAT will be half the size of the current one according to the people working at SAT as the airport refused to give them any more space for the club. That will be a lose especially as CO currently doesnt have a partner in the same terminal as they use.

hopefully we see the expansion of the clubs in the future as there are many cities they could serve. I also hope that the PC team is the ones who lead the transition force and help to update the furnishings to the CO standard while looking to some of the offerings of food and beverage to a degree from the UA clubs but for sure keeping the free bar with paid liquer concept which I fell CO knows is the best model!!