FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which PC's Will Close/Consolidate?
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2010, 12:58 am
ConciergeMike
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Well they haven't been so far! If you want to get aggressive, you take the fight to AA's hub, you tear it's behind open, climb in and spraypaint "UA was here!" all over the place. That hasn't been happening.

In fact, look at UA's presence at DFW - it's pitiful! And I don't see much change here, even with the merger (hope I'm wrong)... A couple of SFO flights, a handful of ORD and DEN, and RJ's to IAD and LAX. CO has been slightly more aggressive but its' still mostly RJ's - a couple to CLE, many per day to IAH and a couple of 737's to EWR. I do hope they get more aggressive with AA from a mainline perspective at DFW, but I am not holding my breath.
That first paragraph is wonderfully funny imagery. ^

There is a reason that the CO fleet leads (or at least always comes close) the industry in utilization. They over-schedule. CO does not have the airframes to expand all that much. Once the fleet rationalization part of the merger comes around, we'll see what happens.