FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which route CX/KA should consider during 2010/2011
Old May 1, 2010, 3:38 pm
IC6A
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by pacificboot
1) MLE (Male) - the current options are quite expensive and all involve one-stop through SIN or KUL

2) ORD (Chicago) connectivity to most of America through AA's hub. LAX/JFK aren't really AA's hub as they don't really serve that many destinations, and even if they do, it doesn't offer close connectivity to CX's schedules.
1>, MLE: That would be nice. But MLE would have small space for tourists. The number fo arrivals have to be strictly controled not to over the available rooms in this country. Unless some major player in this market pull out from MLE. I doubt CX would be able to go in. And if CX decide to go into this market. They have to make a stopover in Colombo or Bangkok to make up the market share.

2>, ORD would be another difficult pick. I think the idea for CX make connection with AA in JFK/LAX is to cover major cities in USA. Adding ORD would not bring more traffic but less desirable revenue. I think a flight HKG-HNL-LAS would work fine since it would connect both HNL and LAs Vegas.