FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help to narrow down list of BA restaurants to visit?
Old May 1, 2010, 12:41 pm
tranzformer

Originally Posted by Krazyglue
El Yugo was closed down a few months back. It had been on the death spiral for a while. They had a nice cold salad bar.

La Chacra is a tourist trap. I would avoid this one. Check out the place next door though. I think its La'liance or something similar.

I like El Establo.

You should have a lunch and check out El Cuartito for pizza. Its near Talchuano and Paraguay. Its my favorite pizza in BA.

Krazyglue, thank you for the information. That was very helpful. Now I can take El Yugo and La Chacra off the list. No need to worry about them any more.

It is funny that you mention El Cuartito for pizza because that is actually on our list of places to get pizza while in BA! Would you recommend El Cuartito over places like Guerrin, Los Inmortales and Piola for pizza?

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think you need more variety in your line-up..... as much as I am a carnivore..... food is more than just dead cow. Here are some options for you to consider....

Pura Tierra
Sottovoce Libertador
Happening Costanera
M Buenos Aires
Guacho, appreciate your post. Don't worry, we have other genres of food besides steak for our time in BA. As I mentioned in my original post, I have a whole list of other places we might want to visit but only listed the parilla/steak places in my post since that was the one that I figured we would need the most help in narrowing down. I have a whole list of Vegetarian, Italian, Korean, Asian, pizza, and international food restaurants. I just didn't want to burden all of you guys with my whole list. Just thought a little help with the steak places would be beneficial.

Pura Tierra looks a bit expensive and too much like a boutique restaurant? Maybe not? What are the average prices for entrees? I have read a little about the Chef, Martin Molteni, and it sounds like a place we might want to visit if we can afford it but I am worried it might be out of our price range?

Is Sottovoce one of your favorite Italian restaurants? Any reason you mentioned the Libertador location over the Puerto Madero location? I have several other Italian places to consider so I might have to add this one as well. Some of the online reviews have been less than stellar. Some even refer to it as a tourist trap. On guiaoleo it doesn't get the greatest of reviews for the price range it is in. You would still recommend it for Italian?

Isn't Happening Costanera a parilla? That is how I found it listed on the internet on an AR restaurant review website. So not sure how it is any different from the other places on our tentative list except for more expensive?

M Buenos Aires just seems a bit too expensive for us as well.

We are hoping to spend 100-125 pesos max for 2 for our "nice" dinning experiences. No wine. Maybe 1 appetizer and 1 dessert. Other wise in general we hope to spend well under 100 pesos for the two of us. Probably look at 30-40 pesos each for our entree at a typical meal.

Last edited by tranzformer; May 1, 2010 at 12:49 pm