FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread
Old Apr 29, 2010, 8:12 pm
anat0l

Originally Posted by ac777
If the LH JFK-FRA is not going to be the 380 then I may be more inclined to go LX JFK-ZRH-FRA-IAH but will wait for the pricing-- hopefully it will be similar to the other prices.
+1. Even if the LH A380 is on that route, I'm not holding my breath to fly Lady Bee (or whatever the next few A380s will be called) - there will always be another time to fly it, and I've flown an A380 before (QF A380 F).

On the other hand, if the quoted TATL LX J price is for real, it's certainly very attractive! Yes I know I could fly Y for peanuts less, but where would you see a price like that ever again? (OK, perhaps during the next or subsequent SMDs, but that's not the point!) Especially since this will earn points (only other time I can see myself flying LX J would be to burn points for it, because the standard rack rates would probably kill my bank account).

Also waiting for the FRA-IAH (or rather JFK-(LX)-ZRH-(LX)-FRA-(LH)-IAH) pricing....

A big kudos to the organisers for negotiating these rates with the airlines!