FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You're Invited: Explore the New Frontier
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:37 pm
knope2001

The event was pleasant and low-key, and for me one of the highlights was getting to walk all around an E190. Nice looking craft, and how often do you get to stand the wheel well of a big jet? At least without being a stow-away fleeing a desparate life in an oppressive country? MostlyAir pointed out, amazingly, only somewhat-faded sharpie markings numbering the fan blades of an engine...1, 2, 3, etc.

Jim Reichard spoke and from what Hoss mentioned, much of what he said was quite similar to what Bryan Bedford had said 16 days earlier. That 4/13 event was largely for the media / employees / local dignitaries, and this one was more for the business community, Best Care Business people and corporate travel people. Similar words to 4/13 but different audience, I guess.

Paraphrasing a couple of things...

--One Sabre platform by early November

--One FF program by fall, but some middling achievement by July...it was some wording like "By July the FF programs will be combined", and "by October there will be one FF program". Anybody else get what the distinction was?

--Cookies on all flights by later this summer (no word on WARM cookies, though)

--Fleet entirely repainted by mid-next year.

--By June, Frontier seat selection. What I suspect this means is that when you book on midwestairlines.com and get a F9 flight (like MSN-DEN or MKE-DEN-ABQ) you'll be able to select a seat on the Frontier flights. Does that mean that Frontier will offer free seat assignments across the board? I'm not positive that's what this means. But we'll see!

It was great to see Newsmanhoss again, and meet not only MostlyAir but surprise guest RSVP. The lovely Mrs. Newsmanhoss was spared the event, but Hoss brought a guest armed with a camera who probably got a whole lot of nice shots.

The badger was cool to see, and when you look close up you can definitely see comupter-generated handywork which went into the image. But unless you're looking for them and are right up close, you'd probably never notice.

Finally we received parting gifts of a new route map (which will go on my board at work), a stuffed Flip (the dolphin spokesanimal) and a blue Midwest tin of three cookies and a Frontier promotion card. You have to register and answer a few questions, and it seemed strange to say no, I have not flown Frontier, and no, I am not an Early Returns member. Dozens of times on Midwest in the last year, but not Frontier. Yet...!

Oh...and my promotional card is worth.....$10. Hey, it's $10!

Last edited by knope2001; Apr 29, 2010 at 8:22 pm Reason: fix some typos...although I'm sure not all of 'em