FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a pmUA 3-Cabin 777 Version 1
Old Apr 24, 2010, 9:19 am
IADtoWhere

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by fastair
Hate it as well....now every couple will be booking aisle window, or aisle aisle, leaving late bookers to all be split up into random center seats, and begging people (or the GA) to try to get them together. Heck, I even had a couple do that today, and complain when I told them someone else would be sitting between them. They said "well that isn't right...we are a couple...we booked it this way to get 3 seats for the 2 of us!" I told them they should now make polite conversation with the person and ask if they would like to switch their center for the other aisle or window, they replied "we don't want the center." I said OK, then stick with what you have...they replied....but we don't want a stranger between us.

I finally said that they should have then bought 3 seats for the 2 of them....lol, they offered to, but the reason a stranger was seated between them is because the plane is full...no way to buy that seat (I doubt they would have coughed up the walkup fare, but you never know.)

3-3-3 is just asking for this situation to be repeated infinite times.
The whole world can't be designed for people like you describe above.

Personally I'd be happy to be able to have a better chance of not getting one of the middle or side middle of the 5 with a late booking.