FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:49 am
gabebalazs

Well, I'm back. After an initial denied verdict, I called Chase back twice at the phone number located at the bottom of my deny letter. First, no success. But a couple days later success!
I just had to politely make my point that since I have had a Chase credit card for ten years, no late payment ever, and it's been sitting with $0 balance with a $14,000 credit limit, it was just nonsense that I'd get denied for the MP Visa card for the reason that the $500.00 credit limit on this new card would be too high for my income Don't they think that if I really wanted to abuse my Chase cards and be irresponsible with my spending, I could do that with my 14K limit card??
I think the problem was that I opened an Amazon Chase Visa card about 6 weeks ago (who knew back then that this great offer would come along).
Anyway, I told them to lower or even cancel the old Chase card. So that's what they did, lowered that to 6K limit and gave me the MP Visa with 4K limit. Perfect.

Now here is my question. This CSR, similarly to the other CSR a couple days ago, did not have info on the 50K bonus miles since it was just kind of an appeal phone number that I called. But they assured me that this is still the same original application that I applied for on April 9th (and that is of course the MP Visa card with the 50K limit, I was assured the 50K at least 5 times during that original phone application process on April 9th).
So I assume since this is the same original application, then I'd get the 50K miles with no problem.
The card now does show up on my online Chase account site.
I'm crossing my fingers but I'm confident there won't be any problem hopefully with my bonus miles.

Last edited by gabebalazs; Apr 23, 2010 at 8:35 am