Old Apr 22, 10, 6:02 pm
meecal

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Here's a trip report for visit April 14-19...

An award stay. Requested ocean view at check-in. Was given an island view suite (junior?). Could see the ocean from the balcony but normal line of sight was at the Riu.

Room was okay, nothing special. The bathtub faucet flanges, designed to be caulked against the shower wall, were protruding from the wall leaving an unsightly gap. Mentioned it to the front desk on check-out but it wasn't a major issue.

The location was nice. Beach was nice. Not too windy while we were there except for one day. Pool was decent. They were doing some work at the pool, removing a couple palm trees. Lots of iguanas.

Elevator situation wasn't perfect but wasn't horrible. Had to wait a couple minutes several times but nowhere near the 20 minutes others have had to wait.

Got to hold the exotic birds on the last day. That was cool.

Was not charged for taxes or resort fee on check-out (award stay). I had previously been told by SPG reps that I would have to pay the resort fee which would have really ticked me off.

Overall I'd give the property a 7 out of 10.