FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FYI AS moved at ORD
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:47 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Dunno. Ask RASMguy.

The thing about OGG is it's Hawaii (read:leisure destination with few biz pax, no connecting traffic- two of the major reasons to have a lounge). Why would you stay in a BR when you could spend time in Hawaii outside of the airport during your vacation? Is the soup really THAT good?
In Hawaii, it takes bags a little longer to arrive then on the mainland IME... so a quick stop in the BR could be justified

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
SJC makes marginally more sense (though there still isn't likely to be much connecting traffic- where would you connect to or from an AS flight in SJC instead of PDX/SEA?), but they are still finishing up their terminal remodel. Maybe someone should poke around and see if there's someplace where a BR could go...
SJC-AUS... but I see your point- its not a place where many pax are waiting for a connection... - for OGG I'd be happy with a setup similar to what HA offers (and AQ did) with a room accessible with a number, yielding free wifi, POG, and a couple snacks...