FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - one night in Bkk? Banyan tree @ 18USD 4/12-4/13
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:45 pm
chokdee

Originally Posted by nvoi
this was an orbitz mistake rate and they honored it? lucky you!

how long in advance did you book?

i've booked twice a mistake rate and once used one of their vouchers, every time the booking was canceled on behalf of orbitz just prior me checking in with about a day lead time. i always ended up paying regular rate after an endless discussion with orbitz cs that seem to be unwilling to honor their rate - or do you have an negotiation techniques you'd be willing to share?

congrats on this amazing deal!

nvoi,

I booked this one on 10th March. Apart from posting here I just kept quiet and waited.Two days prior to stay I got the usual Orbitz "prepare for your hotel stay" email and then just checked in on the 12th April. I was hoping that the reception at the Banyan Tree would not ask for the Orbitz voucher but they did.I know the mistake was at Orbitz's cost but I still feel a little awkard when hotel staff look at the amount paid in these cases.

Anyway I could tell that the European chap at reception certainly clocked the amount paid but can honestly say I have never received a more friendly welcome anywhere. I even have a feeling it might have been him that filled in the ABF included on our hotel card record rather than a second mistake made by Orbitz. The free internet in the room came as a surprise. I just connected to a network called "wireless2",which turned out to be something to do with Banyan tree,and it said "welcome please click here for your complimentry 24 hours internet use".

It looks like lady luck was on my side with this one, I have now had the follow up email from Orbitz asking me about how I enjoyed my stay.Unfortunately if I report back I will only get 5% back off my next stay and not 90% as was the case here!

Regards,

Chokdee