FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Santa Clara REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:10 pm
VFF1000000

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Thumbs up Trip Report Santa Clara Hyatt, April 2010

Ample parking, no fee.. good way to start

Check in was smooth, Diamond status recognized; provided upgraded room, free access to wireless internet/access to modern lounge, and amenity card; plus, for the first time ever---the front desk rep gave me his business card with a note (complimentary glass of wine per XXXX) for use in bar or Tusca (renovated hotel restaurant).

I seldom eat dinner in a hotel restaurant but gave it a try because of the free glass of wine. WOW. The service was spectacular and candidly, the short rib bolognese pasta was DELICIOUS. Plus, they provided free of charge 3 mini appetizers and Tusca offers a great selection of low cost tastings (Point Reyes Blue cheese, fresh white anchovies, etc). I give this dish and decor a double thumbs up. Thank you Hyatt for also placing a salt grinder and pepper grinder on the table. The manager stopped to ask how I enjoyed dinner, when passed the front desk XXXX asked how I enjoyed dinner. The genuine caring attitude was clearly evident.

The 14th floor room is modern and outfitted for business travelers.

I look forward to returning to this hotel, thank you for an enjoyable stay.