FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weekend Central Texas BBQ trek
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:47 pm
TexasYankee

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
I will be hard pressed to improve on StarwoodLurkers's trip report! I do have to believe that Snow's was able to sell our misplaced order quickly considering how long the line was at 9:45 AM. I have never seen so many people taking pictures of food and/or their family and friends eating food at one place.

I found the pork steak to be ok - they were quite thick. As I also have a weakness for pork steak and prefer to cook at home for $1.49/lb vs $8.95/lb at Snow's. But, I would probably buy another if I was at Snow's ...

The ribs at Snow's were quite tasty - in fact I had them for the next 4 meals in a row (Mrs TexasYankee is out of town )

I probably should not have eaten so much at Snow's before trying Louie Meuller's as the pork ribs were average. I also tried the beef ribs which were ok and did not improve in taste a day later. BUT, if in Taylor, TX and hungry I would stop at Louie Meuller's again (unless I was on the way to Snow's ...)

One last note for those planning on attending Austin Mega Do 2 - Snow's has only 1 "unisex" restroom. Therefore plan ahead or use the bus!

PS: Now that Mackieman has posted his license plate I can comment - wow! I am honored to be in the presence of a true BBQ lover!
and wish that I had thought of it first!

Last edited by TexasYankee; Apr 19, 2010 at 9:54 pm Reason: OMG BBQ