FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Manila airport taxis to Makati
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2010, 5:20 pm
Mr. Roboto

Originally Posted by Crocodile
9pm should be not too bad for traffic - if it is not raining - but there are normally roadworks and other delays that can clog up traffic very easily. 30mins to your hotel should be about right. Maybe a little more for a Friday night and double that if it is raining. There are Airport Taxis (white van-type vehicles) that will be about P400, but there are now also the yellow Metered Taxi available just after you walk out of the doors. With both methods of transport you go to the desk or office and tell the girl where you want to go and they will give you a little slip. The Metered Taxi will be about P200, the white Airport Taxi will be a fixed rate, which they will tell you when you go to the desk. The Airport Taxi is a better vehicle normally (ie, roadworthy) and can fit several large suitcases. I would just take the yellow Metered Taxi if I had small suitcases.

The Metered Taxis are cheap to use in Manila, although some can be not-so-roadworthy. Always insist on the meter being used, but don't be afraid to give a tip if it is a short journey.
I always use the Airport Taxi with the fix rate. Not only is it usually a better vehicle, but the air conditioning always works (compared to the local metered taxi)!!