FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) AC: SFO-PEK RT $533 a/i (was SFO-HKG; Cheapo air; min stay)
Old Apr 18, 2010, 8:48 pm
emcsweeney

Programs: Previously 5 year AS Gold 75, UA MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by crunchy
...Now how about those seats? If I have to be in a middle seat on those longhauls I don't think I can take it. Zanax & Ambien here I come.
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
What you experienced is technically appropriate. The booking agency (Cheapoair) has control of the booking and AC is technically not supposed to modify the booking. Cheapoair has the ability and the obligation upon request to add your MP number and assign seats..
You actually can request an "aisle seat" on their website, just not which seat. My aisle seats were assigned within 24 hours and I was able to see them at both, checkmytrip.com and AC.com, but I couldn't make the change w/o calling AC where I didn't have a problem at all (for all three trips I booked ).

FWIW, if you go back and re-request a seat after it's already been assigned, the following message appears:

Your seat requests have been sent to the airline. Please contact the airline directly for confirmation, change or cancellation of your seat assignment.