Old Apr 18, 10, 2:24 pm
crunchy

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1K MM, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, Marriott Plat
This is a bulk ticket - they have to assign the seats

I got myself one of these yesterday and it was ticketed today. I received no e-mail from anybody saying it was ticketed, but I could see it myself after logging into the AC website with my record locator. I got that from checkmytrip.com immediately after purchasing. So today I called AC to add my UA MP number and get some seats. After waiting 40 min on hold (expected due to the volcano fiasco) I was quickly reminded that last time I flew Air Canada I vowed never to fly them again (oops). The CSR had an attitude problem from the start. Maybe it had something to do with the fare and what I paid for it. Anyway, I got the MP# added but he told me the company I bought it from would have to assign the seats, and they were supposed to do the MP number too, but that he was doing me a favor. Didn't I read that other people got their seats assigned by calling? Is he full of sh*t? Should I just try calling again?

On another note: my middle initial and first name are run together without a space. When I asked about adding the space, he barked in the most condescending tone possible "there are no spaces in airline tickets". While I've seen this several times before, I'm pretty sure I've also seen a space. Is he right about that?

Now I'm not looking forward to this long, long journey anymore.

SFO-YYZ
YYZ-HKG
HKG-YVR
YVR-SFO

Last edited by crunchy; Apr 18, 10 at 2:39 pm Reason: added more info