FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase CO Preferred Debit Card
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:32 pm
rufftackle

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Angry

Getting my OnePass account number linked to my newly opened Chase Continental Debit card has been a nightmare!

I signed up for OnePass and the promotion through the internet. As a previous poster has stated, there is no field to put your OnePass account number. After my OnePass account was created and I completed the application for the debit card, I e-mailed Chase Customer Service through chase.com

I asked that they link my OP account# provided in the e-mail to the debit card so that I receive the bonus miles and miles from transactions. I received a reply saying that the accounts were linked, but to e-mail customer service back after completing qualifying transactions to verify. I completed the transactions and responded to the e-mail to ask for verfication.

The response I received was:
"We would like to inform you that your bonus miles will be credited directly to your Chase Continental Airlines Debit
Card within six to eight weeks after the first qualifying
purchase posts. As long as you will not enter your PIN for
card purchases, you will earn miles. Some restrictions do
apply."
My thoughts are, "How can you credit the bonus miles without my OP account#? The miles are being credited to my actual DEBIT card and not OP account?

I respond again and ask for verification of my OP account number. I receive an e-mail back saying that the representative is going to forward the message to another department.

Getting impatient after a few days, I call the Chase customer serivce number. I simply asked, "I would like to verify that Chase has my correct OnePass account number for my Continental Airlines Debit Card." The agent then asked what the account number was and I provided it to her. Then she said, "I will have to transfer you to Continental's Department." After that, she transfered me over to Continental Airlines -- which from the recordings sounded it like it could have been a reservations line. And then, the phone call was disconnected.

Surprisingly, shortly after the call disconnected, I receive an e-mail back from Chase.
I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Your
Continental OnePass Rewards number is XXXXXXX. This is
the account that your Continental Debit Card is linked to.
The OP account number they verified with is NOT the OP account number that I provided them with.

I logged onto Continental's website and it looks like Chase created a new OnePass acount for me. Since, I recently opened my account, I have 0-miles, so it's no big deal. The concerning part though is my address is listed incorrectly as well as my contact phone number.

I've decided to keep my Chase-opened OnePass account as the main one (which apparently my debit card is linked to) and ask CO to close the other one, as to not have my bonus miles go into "limboland"

What a pain in the neck this process has been! Hopefully the free flight I've earned will be worth all of this.