View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 10, 10:42 am
DCAMatt

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
I agree that that would be a very nice thing to do. However from my constant flying with US (including a crazy full flight arriving today in MAD) I see where the OP is coming from. US loves to overbook flights like crazy at times - and that's when things are going well. Now this has come to bite them and passengers in the a$$. I am returning from MAD on Tuesday and would be willing to be bumped but there is no way I am doing it out of the kindness of my heart with no compensation. I enjoy flying US, having great crews... but all the crap that US tends to do to make their best customers feel less appreciated has me baffled. Like the OP I'll be flexible but I'm not taking one for the team to benefit US Airways and not myself. Good luck OP, let us know how it goes. The ladies in the Envoy Lounge can put you on the list, also I had them calling the gate to see if they needed me as a volunteer. Gotta love the PHL Envoy folks.

Originally Posted by tahitigirl View Post
If you have time to spare, why not call and get your flight changed? From what I understand they are making ticket changes with no charge. You could be helping someone who really needs to get home to a family, job etc.