FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats
Old Apr 17, 2010, 1:27 pm
SAN 1K

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
It's what their union (ALPA) and United agreed to as an acceptable seat for their meal and crew rest. It could also have to do with the curtain used for the rest as it would be easier to just cover 1 window seat like 2K on the 767. I think 1K is the best seat on the 767 as you're in your own private side.

FA don't eat their meals in our crew rest seats in Y. We eat in the galley or on our jumpseats. Some Pilots eat their meals in the cockpit but some wish to wait for their break to eat.
I realize that the flight crew rest seats are the results of union negotiations. I believe that the "first class" stipulation was negotiated when the old cabins were in play, and should be rethought at the next round.
I actually think 1k is the second-worst 767 F seat for overnight flights (after 1C). Even in the best of situations galley noise from breakfast prep will wake me up 60-90 minutes before breakfast. More commonly there is sporadic galley prep noise and FA chatter thruout the flight making 1C and 1F non-sleep seats for many.
I have definitely seen FAs eat in the 767 seats at the back of the C cabin. Is that against policy (I don't see why it should be?).