FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Marriott near DFW?
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:50 pm
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by rthib
The SpringHill Suites in Grapevine is nice and close.
Plus you can enjoy good food etc.. in Grapevine.

If you want cheap, I have stayed at the FI.
It is nice and also a quick trip in.
Funny someone should mention this....

Are you driving, or depending upon the hotel shuttle? If you are driving, the SpringHill Suites Grapevine is very clean and easy to get in and out of and close to the airport. If you are depending on the shuttle.....

Stayed there last week. Called the hotel from the airport and said I needed to be picked up. An HOUR later the shuttle showed up, with lots of excuses about not having enough drivers, having to run people to a restaurant across town, being too busy, etc.... It seems airport runs are not the priority for this hotel's shuttle. I called the hotel after waiting thirty minutes, and again at the 45 minute mark and kept getting hollow promises that shuttle was on the way. (Desk clerk's name begins with a V.)

My flight had been delayed, it was after eleven, I had to get up before six in the morning and needed to do an hour's work before going to sleep. Needless to say, I was not happy. The hotel offered to comp my room or give me points, but I couldn't see how that would get me back my lost hour's sleep.

OP - If you do want to stay there and you do want to make sure you don't have any trouble with the shuttle, PM me and I can provide you with the manager's name who promised me this has been taken care of! I'd stay at the CY across the street. You're still walking distance from many eateries and their shuttle actually picked up at least two people while I was waiting for the SpringHill Suites driver.