FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:39 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I got the email invite today.

But, I note the app says don't apply if you have been turned down by Chase in the last six months.

And, I got burned on the the BA 100K deal in Dec. 2009.

Am I going to get burned again if I apply for the 50K offer? Can't wait until after the six months runs because the offer purportedly expires on May 15, 2010.

Before I call up Chase and beg for the card (or, at least politely ask if I can get it even if turned down by Chase four months ago) though I would ask for some guidance from other FTers.

Thanks for you input.

By the way, my credit score is excellent--and, I just got my new Schwab card in the mail today.
I got denied despite faco scores in the 720-750 range and I had applied and was denied the BA card back in November due to too many new accounts and inquiries.

I called reconsideration and pleaded my case but all to no avail.

But the statement about auto-decline if you have been declined in last six months I think is critical as it now several days later and I have NOT had an inquiry post on my credit report. I religiously monitor my credit and usually after an app it will have shown up by now. I suspect they did not even pull inquiry and that I was declined because of this 6 month rule, so I may give it another shot May 15 when my six month purgatory should have expired.