FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Chicago Lakeshore 2007, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:01 pm
babyhawk1822

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Stay on Monday, April 12th

Had a nice stay at W Lakeshore. When I lived in the city in early to mid 90s this was a Days Inn Hotel a buddy of mine stayed at.

I was upgraded to a suite on the 27th Floor, facing the Lake and it was very nice. I will say, if you are looking for a quiet experience, this may not be it. To me, it just seems like a hotel for younger, hipper people(which I used to be...but probably not any more). I did manage to sneak up to the Rande Gerber Bark up on 33rd Floor and it was very dark and seemed very cool but for me...just a tad much.

That said, I did have a chance to use the Acura Service for dinner and if you like to run, the path on Lake Michigan is right across Lake Shore Drive and perfect opportunity to go eihter North or South and see how amazing the city was.

Was also offered a nice gift of a bottle of red wine and cheese after getting to the room. Very nice.

I would think about this if you want to have a young, hip experience. To me, Westin is perfect, but W is just a little more fun and exciting.

TAKE CARE and travel safely. BHawk.