FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volcanic activity 4/15 CO flights..
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:33 am
bcmatt

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for BHX-EWR tomorrow morning... even a heavy delay would be preferable to cancellation, but I am starting to suspect the problems over UK and the Nordic countries are not going to have completely cleared up overnight.

Oh, well - we can expect a beautiful sunset tonight apparently!

Meanwhile, the Guardian has pretty much everything you could ever want to know about volcanoes and aviation, and an ongoing update of the situation: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...uption-iceland

ETA: from www.nats.co.uk

Statement on Icelandic volcanic eruption: Thurs April 15, 14:00

The cloud of volcanic ash is now spread across the UK and continuing to travel south. In line with international civil aviation policy, no flights other than agreed emergencies are currently permitted in UK controlled airspace. Following a review of the latest Met Office information, NATS advises that these restrictions will remain in place in UK controlled airspace until 0700 tomorrow, Friday 16 April, at the earliest. We will review further Met Office information and at 2000 today (local) we will advise the arrangements that will be in place through to 1300 tomorrow.

Last edited by bcmatt; Apr 15, 2010 at 7:41 am