FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 13, 2010, 9:24 pm
BOShappyflyer

Same here - declined for same reason, which seemed strange since others with BA card got through fine. The rep was adamant that I can't get the card and I didn't even get offered to close out my BA card (which is the ONLY other chase card I have). If I were you, I'd get it in writing. (I wouldn't know if I want to cancel BA since they have some pretty sweet promotional offers these days).

By the way, that's the lending department number. They have the decision, but I swear, I think they absolutely loathe to give you the decline decision over the phone (just as much as we dislike hearing it, I suppose ). They would rather say it's still in review and that ...you'll hear in 2 two weeks (even though they already have the decision right in front of them most of the time!) The wait can be brutal!

Originally Posted by philemer
Data point:

I called 1-888-245-0625 to check on the status of my app. and was told I was declined because I'd recently been issued a BA card (November, 09). I asked for a super. and he said that if I closed one of my 3 Chase cards (BA, SWA and and a Gold UA Visa that only earns 1 mile per $2) he'd approve me. But all my cards currently have balances so he couldn't do it now. He said "call back after you've paid off a card & canceled it". Hope this works.