FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 13, 2010, 4:17 pm
ADAMESQ

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
As of noon today, these instructions are still good.

Originally Posted by abrash
Just signed up for the offer, so as of now it still is active. Customer service representative (CSR) offered the 50,000 mile bonus without any prompting by me. In total, took about 15 minutes. These are the steps I followed (adapted from a post at SD):

1. Call 1-800-421-4655
2. Say enroll in Mileage Plus. You will be transferred to a CSR.
3. Mention you already have an account but want to get a Chase Mileage Plus Credit Card (if you don't have an account, you'd need to get one).
4. CSR will transfer you to Chase Application Center CS (India).
5. CSR will take all your information and give approval.
I had originally tried the standard United phone tree as well as the Chase credit card line provided for the Continental Presidential Plus card (to see if they knew of the promotion, a promotion code, etc.) to no avail. One of the numbers even said that they were no longer accepting applications for credit cards over the phone.

This number, however, takes you to the right people. Pain in the butt factor: listening to all the T&Cs over the phone. My original call got disconnected, so I enjoyed the pleasure of listening to all the fascinating features of this fine product twice....

Hope this helps.