Old Apr 10, 10, 8:51 pm
bluto

Programs: Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AA Lifetime Gold
Success(?) - BA Cardholder applies for United card

I just applied for the United Visa following the procedure outlined by Marathon Man in post 184. I checked twice with the rep that this was the app for the 50k miles. Application took 15 mins. At the end, I was told I get my answer within two weeks.

A brief background about my Chase application history: before this year, I had been a longtime chase credit card holder with a high limit (non-miles) personal card and a separate normal limit business card (for a real business, also a non-miles reward card). In late January, I applied for the Chase Southwest Business Visa and was approved after a two-week wait, and after getting a call from a credit rep who moved some of my existing business credit limit to the new southwest business card. In february I applied for the 100k Chase BA card. Again, I had a two week wait and received a call from a credit representative who wanted to redistribute my credit limits, this time moving some of the credit limit on my existing personal chase card to the new BA card. After that I got approval.

So, tonight after hanging up the phone with the rep who took my application, I immediately called the number for Chase supplied by Eurosport in post 199 and asked them to review my application. I offered to redistribute my credit limits to accommodate the new United Visa application. He spent a minute or two reviewing my application and verifying my information. He then asked how I would like to redistribute the limits. At the end of the call, he said the next communication from Chase will be in __ days (sorry guys I forget how many days he said) and then he added "it will likely be a welcome package with a card". This second call only took 5 minutes.

So, there is hope for all of us recent BA cardholders.