FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:55 pm
rodneywkr

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I know there are a few members on here that are more knowledgeable on this topic than I am. I've seen posts that talk about how their bank was trying to charge them a fee to accept coins. Sometimes this is so they can pay for the truck to come haul the coins off to the reserve. I've seen some members reply that they can't spring new fees on you and such.

I am wondering about if a bank tells you that they are going to bill you a fee in order to sell back the currency to the reserve. That they have to pay a fee for the reserve to accept the money. That they cannot tell you what the fee is in advance and that they will just "apply" it to your account once they've been charged by the reserve.

I'm no MrPickles and I'm also not an expert on the inner-workings of a bank or know what legal rights I have. But I received a call today letting me know that if I bring anymore in that they will be forwarding on a charge that they receive from the reserve. I asked if they could mail me the actual fee, and they said they could not, that they would just apply the charge to my account when they receive it.

I found it to be very strange that they just now are springing this on me. I always call ahead and make sure they aren't busy when making a deposit and ask the bank manager if it's ok to come in at that time. Have had a very good relationship with the credit union. I'm not really sure if it's worth my time to fight over it, but I was just wondering if they are allowed to do this. If you have any thoughts let me know, I'd appreciate it!
The State Employees Cr Union told me that they are no longer accept any coin deposit from me! PERIOD...... I thought about fighting it, then thought itis just easier to go to another bank