FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:44 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Talking I got it! 50k to come!

Thank you Dream7 for telling me about this offer. I had not been using United AT ALL and now I shall!

I called a number found on here which connected me to the Visa Card app center and they told me about a 30k deal with 15k for a referral. I asked about the 50k deal and they said to call UA.

I called 1-800-United-1 (864-8331) and endured that same annoying voice guy every company seems to use (he's on Bank of America as well and I hate his voice cuz he sounds smug to me) but I only had to select the voiceprompts for Mileage Plus and then Manage My Account to get through.

then I was asked for my MP number and zip code. It said my zip was wrong so it put me through to CS. CS asked it and then I logged into my account and wow--I forgot I had done this!

Long ago I was so sick of receiving those annoying credit card apps in the mail that in order to stop it I had changed my address TO United! hahahaha

This is my address in my acct!

UA Customer Relations P.O. BOX 66100 - WHQPW
chicago , IL 60666-0100

Anyway, I asked the CSR, Jessica (I love that name btw) if this application was going to yield 50k miles and no annual fee for the first year and she said yes.

i went through the app process with her over the phone, lied about my income cuz I am changing jobs, and was told that if I were approved, a Sig card would be sent in 2 weeks by regular mail or if they determined I qualified differently, it would be a Platinum card. If denied, a letter would come saying so in that same amount of time. I did not know if that would give me the same miles though. One of her questions was what I would be using this card for and I told her normal every day stuff and bills. She said their goal is that we use it for everything and receive the 1-1 miles on all purchases.

She said if I got my card, the 50k miles would post 6-8 weeks after my first purchase of any amount and then she ran through a slew of other terms and conditions whereas I just left her on speaker for a while. she provided a phone number to call after 2 days to check on things if I need to, 888-338-2586 and she was going to give me a confirmation number for my app in case I wanted to check on it but then... just like that, she said, 'No need sir, you have just been APPROVED!"

The card cometh in like 2 weeks.

Thank you Miss Vito, No more questions. Thank you very, very much. You've been a lovely, lovely witness
-Vincent Gambini