FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need *A advice on Travel Option from PDX to BCN in Business Class
Old Apr 9, 2010, 10:58 am
portland67

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Need *A advice on Travel Option from PDX to BCN in Business Class

I'm looking to book my trip on my honeymoon and with the fare sales that are going on for C Class I'm looking really at CO, LH, or US to go from PDX to BCN. Another factor I'm looking into as well is where we would have to connect. We need to get into BCN because my fiance and I are going to be leaving on a cruise that leaves at 5 P.M so I'd prefer to arrive in BCN no later than noon.

All 3 airlines are roughly about $3100 r/t per person from PDX in C class. Also most of my flying is domestic so I've never truly experienced TATL C class so I'm trying to take that into consideration as well. But here are the options that I've done my research on

1. LH/UA would have me connect in ORD and FRA with a 1 hr 15 min layover in FRA on the way to BCN and in MUC and ORD on the way back. I also have the option of flying either LH or UA C class however the UA flights are on the 777 and I'm not sure about the conversion schedule and what routes it would be put on.

2. US seems like the easiest with just the connection in PHL, but US as we all know is US and I'm looking at various trip reports and I haven't been impressed with Envoy.

3. CO would connect in EWR but on the way because of the departure time from BCN I would have to connect in FRA and IAH with only a 1hr 10 min layover in FRA to make the connection to IAH.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 9, 2010 at 11:19 am Reason: thread title too vague