Old Apr 3, 10, 8:07 am
ExitRowAisle

Programs: AA (1MM)
Originally Posted by knope2001 View Post
Other than points.com, I would be hard pressed to think of any loyalty program that allows you to convert points or miles from one program to another. Lots let you earn in other programs (like stay at a hotel but earn airline miles) but once they are earned they can't be transfered (like putting those airline miles back into the hotel program).

Midwest's tie to Hilton is only for earning points, not spending them. Where you can use your Midwest Miles for hotel stays is with the Raddison family. Or if you don't have a large enough amount to get a single say, you might be able to get something in the periodic Skymiles auctions.

Points.com eats up so much value when making a transfer that it (in my opinion) is really a last resort.
It doesn't help the OP, but two obvious miles-to-points or points-to-miles transfers that are frequently made are:

AA to Hilton (1 AA = 2 HH; I think you have to have 25k AA or be AA elite)

*wood to many airlines (1 *point = 1 mile; 1*point = 1.25 miles in 20k increments)

I believe YX may have been one of the few airlines that offered a similar transfer deal to HH in the past, but that ended a couple of years ago.