FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changing Return Flight for 1 person, 2 people on the same reservation
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Jimbo3
Turns out my Son has to come home 3 days early because of school commitment. Father-in-law will be coming home as scheduled 3 days later.

Is it possible to change just my son's return flight and pay the difference of the new flight home and leaving my Father- in- law's return flight alone.

Both are booked on the same reservation and have only one confirmation number for the return Flight.

Outbound flight has a different confirmation number, no problem with that one both are flying out together.

Don't really see a way online to change just my son's flight? Would they be able to help me if I called cutomer service?

could Cance return flight for both, but that would mean paying more for both my son and father-in-law since prices have gone up.

any help for me in this situation?
Call 1 800 248-4377. Ask them to split the father-in-law's trip into a new PNR, leaving son under the old PNR. Then you can use Change Reservation to change the son's trip online, I think. Or the phone agent can make the change for you if it's not an Internet fare.

Another way: you can call to cancel the son's return. Ask for the PNR containing the funds. It might be a new PNR if they had to split the reservation. Use that PNR as a source of ticketless funds when paying for a new return for the son online.