FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore for first time / for a few days, NOT just a stopover
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:21 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
uk1, thank you! We'd like to think of Singapore as a good place to visit and stay too, not just a place to sleep overnight before moving on someplace else.

(BTW not to be snide but in the interest of transparency, are you getting something from the Singapore Tourism Board for your post? The new advertising slogan is 'Your Singapore', and suggests that you make 'Singapore your own'!)
I'm surpised you ask - look at my post count! Do they pay!? No - I'm not!

My first year to Sydney we went via Bangkok and returned via Singapore. Bangkok was interesting but we found it - and I generalise - dirty and difficult. We found ourselves in some difficult taxi situations and were accosted quite a lot. I got food poisoning from a 5* hotel. We won't be going back. On the way back we stayed at Singapore and had a great time. Everyone is friendly and welcoming and honest. And there is enough to do if you like wandering and eating etc. Since then we've been many times and we're now starting to plan trips to Singapre as the destination.

I wanted to post because we're suprised to find ourselves thinking this way and simply thought we'd say so to encourage others to rethink.