FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boardroom - can Crown room member bring in guests ?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:38 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I know the AS BR member is supposed to hold a DL ticket for guesting privileges (AS member on AS flight @ DL club = passenger only), so it might well be the same for a DL club member needing an an actual AS ticket?
Originally Posted by greybeardy
I would hope that Sky Club members have exactly the same access privilege to the Board Room as Boardroom members have to Sky Clubs. That is, a Sky Club member flying Alaska, then guests are allowed, if flying Delta, no guests.

Most Boardroom members feel that the arrangement with Delta is a step back from the previous one with Northwest.
Originally Posted by hgdf
If AS goes by the same policy as DL, he would need to be flying on AS in order to bring guests. You might want to call the BR and ask, otherwise plan to meet him at the SC.
Checked with the board room on this last week. If the SC member is flying on DL then the member only is granted access to the AS BR. If the SC member is flying AS, then the member and 2 guests are granted access to the AS BR. They do check boarding passes, cards and id's (even my card id as a frequent visitor )

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Let me add some info, as it seems that may change things.
1 - I will be arriving on AS, and flying out again (on AS) later that day
2 - He will be arriving on DL. He is a Skyclub member.
3 - We need a place to dial into a conf call soon after we each land, before heading to the local office.
In this case it sounds like he will be granted access for being the SC member and flying DL. If you would like to access the BR, then you'd need to purchase a day pass. There are some very quiet rooms (2-3) that actually shut and allow you to preform outgoing calls in SEA's BR (basically a private office) if open, and one strategy is he could guest you into the DL SC while he travels to the AS BR to take care of biz, returning. (But just an idea)