FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore for first time / for a few days, NOT just a stopover
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:56 am
uk1
Suspended

Singapore for first time / for a few days, NOT just a stopover

We've been travelling to Sydney each year via Singapore and each year the stopover has got longer and longer ..... and currently stands at 4 days on the outward trip and 4 days on the return.

Guess what?!

Next year .... we're going to Singapore and staying for seven days or so ......

Why? I think we've realised against the common attitude that Singapore is actually a wonderful destination rather than simply a place to have a stopover on the way to somewhere else. We find ourselves thinking about Singapore more and more and the final destination less and less. For example the Botanic Gardens where we go every morning for our walks. The place is unique. And for the hawker stalls where you get fantastic food etc. It's just a lovely place to wander and eat and idle. I know it's not a beach destination but I don't like beaches!

I know the place is small, but it IS perfectly formed and you receive a genuine welcome. So I'd encourage people to think about Singapore on it's merits rather than just somewhere to recupererate for a day or two before moving on.