FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 28, 2010, 8:18 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I'm staying here now and am enjoying the property, but honestly I think Starwood does ski lodges better. The St. Regis Aspen, Westin Whistler and Westin Mammoth are great. I walked through the Westin here in Beaver Creek too and it looks outstanding.

That said, the PH Beaver Creek is a very comfortable place to stay. You can't beat the location, and the ski valet is nice. The afternoon s'mores service is fun albeit, it can get a little crazy with all the little kids and everyone trying to get access to the one firepit available.

I stayed here once a few years ago, and got a great junior suite. This was before they turned one wing into permanent residences. This time, I just got a standard room, which was fine. It didn't really scream out luxury to me like the St. Regis Aspen does. Also, I didn't like the bed in my room, as it was too soft for my taste.

The gym is top-notch and offers group fitness and yoga classes, but only open till 8pm. The spa looks fine, but I didn't indulge. I know Beaver Creek is an expensive place, but geez, those spa prices were high.

My favorite thing about this Hyatt, besides the location was the breakfast. The breakfast is probably the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen at any Hyatt.

If you're looking for a ski in/out Hyatt property, this one is your only choice. But if you just want to ski, and don't have to be on the mountain, I would say go to the Hyatt Lake Tahoe (if you're looking for a Hyatt credit.) I prefer that one. Or go for one of the Starwood ski properties (I wanna try the new one in Deer Valley). Also, in terms of apres-ski life, Beaver Creek is a little boring. Everything goes on at night over in Vail.

Last edited by thc; Mar 29, 2010 at 8:28 am