FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Montreal REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (leaving 12/18/18 - Doubletree)
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:14 pm
bostonbali

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Bump. Any updates? Reviews look pretty dreadful. Specifically, is there still a Regency Club, is it open on the weekends, and how is the food? Thank you very much.
I stayed here a few weeks ago. Used a Diamond Upgrade cert, and got one of the adjoining room suites. Basically, it's a bedroom (regular room) with a door that opens up to another regular room. The 2nd room has a sofa instead of a bed. It also has a regular bathroom (including a shower). So, it's twice as big as a regular room, but not quite as luxurious as a suite.

The regency club is open on the weekends. Didn't eat breakfast there (had a room rate with breakfast - so I ate at the restaurant next door which serves breakfast till 11:30 AM on the weekends, which was well appreciated). Looked like the RC had a decent cold spread - smoked salmon, croissants, a nice espresso maker, etc.

Front Desk service is painfully slow. Most of the time I walked by the lobby, I saw at least 10 people waiting in line to talk to the front desk people. I needed to sort something out, and it took me roughly 30 minutes, no joke.

The hotel also put out a cooler with free bottled water or juice bottles in the lobby for all guests to enjoy - nice touch.

Overall, I'd stay here again b/c it's a Hyatt, but it's certainly not the best hotel in town.