FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum cancellation notification? - and my worst CW to date
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:24 am
LeisureFirst

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Apart from the lack of pre-departure drink I don't think you've got much to complain about.
Setting aside the behaviour of the other passenger (and poor seating design which allowed it to happen), and allowing for the fact the BA can never guarantee any particular seat so you can't really demand reparation (just get really really grumpy) if you're moved from the best CW seat to the worst, how about:

the provision of disgusting barely edible slop in the CW dining room at JFK? Since it is much easier to prepare good food on the ground than on a plane, pre-flight dining should be better than on-board club food. Yet it wasn't even close. The food I had on board going out (LCY-JFK) was pretty decent Club fare (not F standard, but not bad), but what they had at JFK I'm be ashamed to feed to a dog. If they served it in the cafeteria at work, I'd just head off to some outside resataurant instead even if it meant paying four times as much.

Also, no one has answered my question about cancellation notice periods. I thought there was a minimum period and if you got less notice than this some kind of statutory comp kicked in. Or maybe that only applies if the replacement flight results in a delay to your arrival of more than four hours (which it didn't).