FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - cruisecritic
Thread: cruisecritic
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:49 am
sbagal

Programs: Delta, United, HAL Mariners Society-3 star, Travel Century Club Member (102 countries visited)
Originally Posted by Centurion
Ok I just read a thread that said negative remarks about a Crystal cruise were removed from the Crusiecritic web site. Who owns cruise critic? I once heard that an actual agency owns the site? I know agencies advertise on it but just wonder how much bias is on the site.
It depends on the moderator. Even though an even slight negative registers really vicious howls of protest, insults and accusations the moderator always called the first poster the problem and deletes the post and gets the poster kicked off the whole website. Banned forever and not even a warning.

It is the vicious over-reaction of the Cyrstalites that is the problem; not the innocent poster who dares utter something negative or even neutral. It is a website that demands total and slavish loyalty. Others cruise line moderators are not as biased as the Crystal one.

Don't know how moderators are chosen, but mainly it is the over-the-top reactions of the Crystalizers that set up the fire storms and those are the ones who should be getting banned for being so disruptive.

They goad you into a lot of this and then, poof, you become the "problem" and then you are gone. It is like a remake of Lord of the Flies over there.

Once burned; twice shy.