FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JAL027/028
Thread: JAL027/028
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:19 pm
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
I thought it's the OneWorld rule that all F/J lounges (in principle) are open to all F/J pax flying Oneworld. At least CX is the last airline I'd be worried in letting me in under this rule , but yea, I know the JAL lounge for this flight is the Travellers' Lounge.

re: MK FAs. It's an urban mith that when CX started hiring most HKG-based crew from HK, the crew base turned into having this kind of MK behavior. Maybe I was generalizing 1 step too much for ALL system-wide HK cabin crew, my apologies
Oh you are RIGHT! I didn't know until now

But during part of 2009, JAL switches from the OW lounge to Eva Lounge at LAX. And their website specifically says business class passengers are invited to use the Eva Lounge. And people were turned away from the OW lounge and were told to use the Eva one instead.

So if you arrive early, behind the Wing and Pier close, you could give it a try. But since JAL website specifically says the Travelers' Lounge, don't be surprised if you were turned away. But you can print out the OW rules and argue with them if you wish