FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Mar 22, 2010, 9:46 pm
MNAudiS4

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by crollner
Just a follow up on my post, we picked the Maui Ocean Club and it was amazing. We got put in the Timeshare tower section, ocean view High floor for the 70k points, I think it was 5 days. It was pretty quiet there, had pool to our selves at times. Really like the hotel, great location. no complaints.
I stayed in the Lahaina and Napili Villas, A Marriott Vacation Club towers in December, had oceanview 7th floor. It was amazing. I dropped a ton of points for the 7 days. I would recommend trying to get into the villas vs the ocean club. they are at the same property btw.

i see some potential 30 or 35 % of some of the rates when i pulled up the website via marriott.com

Also i noticed that inventory was consistently changing when i was looking last yr. I started in Aug and changed my res at least 6 times before DEC 09. I was able to finally get 1 room 7 days oceanfront. Some was only for 1 day some for 4 days etc. So it was interesting trying to get 7 days in 1 room.
dave

Last edited by MNAudiS4; Mar 22, 2010 at 9:57 pm