FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Operational Upgrades
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2001, 2:25 pm
iluv2fly
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

This is a bit of an elaboration of my earlier post. I just returned from my ORD-CDG-ORD trip on Monday. On the outbound on Thursday, I was seated in Business and there were 7 empty seats there. There was only one person in F, the Sky Marshall we all were assuming. I was seated next to two other Platinums (as I am) and we were commenting that it would have been nice if they had comped some of us from Business to First. They had just come from Hawaii to ORD and were on their way to CDG, hence a lot of flying. (And nobody from AA came to any of us to thank us for our loyalty either as was remarked in other threads.) We all believed that it would have made good business sense to have comped some of these Business customers to F. Just for the record: I was on a paid ticket and used my VIPOW's to upgrade; the couple from Hawaii were on award tickets. I don't know if there were any EXP on the flight either, although the 4 other people around me were not even Golds. Hey, if they comped the EXP's or the paid Business tickets, that certainly wouldn't bother me either. But to have a fully-staffed First Class cabin with only one person in it seems like a waste to me and a lost opportunity FOREVER to do something nice for the people who are good customers. This was actually a trip I scheduled to make Platinum for the year, so I didn't even have to take it, but I figured why not give my money to the airline. The return was similar - Business was full and First had only 3 pax.
Just my thoughts.