FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newbie trying to sort out what direction I should go on
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:35 am
alphaeagle

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by kristen1nv
Are there any tricks for 'moving' miles from our AK Air account to MnM or visa versa?
Nothing that will be worthwhile, if its even possible. I'm not sure how much it costs for a Europe to Australia award using AS miles (it doesn't look like its published, you would probably have to call.)

Without being able to pick the airline, it looks like it will be tough. You are probably the only one with enough miles to get a business ticket right now. Does MnM have a Cash + Miles option? That would lower the amount of miles you need, but increase the cost. Maybe do a couple of mileage runs? I've seen fares for less than $300 to the US from Germany in the past (maybe make it a mini-vacation.) Sign up for any promotions (usually can be found on Flyertalk) for earning bonus miles for things such as renting cars, hotels etc. Could also figure out how many miles it would be to upgrade to First/Business in each program, then how much the cheapest ticket would be that allows upgrades.

Bottom line, figure out how many miles you need in each program, how many miles you will be earning in future travel, and looks for bonus mileage promotions. Good luck ^

Edit: Just noticed you cross posted this a couple of times. That's a no-no, and the thread's will probably be merged.