Old Sep 21, 01, 8:52 am
tudorcity

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA Plat (3MM)/Hyatt Plat/former HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by summerdawn:
Jeez guys, I must have missed something. Where does it say that on an eight hour flight to HNL there will be no food? Also, I think after checking with some AA employees that AA spends more in the range of $8+ per pax.</font>
Well, summerdawn, I hope its not true, but this is straight from the press release cited by LoveHateUA:

FORT WORTH, Texas, Sept. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- By Nov. 1, American Airlines and TWA will stop serving meals in the main cabin on most domestic flights, and in first class on domestic flights of two hours and under. This includes flights to Canada, Mexico, Hawaii, the Caribbean, as well as two-class services to Central and South America. American will continue to provide meals in all cabins of its domestic nonstop two- and three-class transcontinental flights (American Flagship Service), as well as three-class international flights to Europe, Asia and South America (International Flagship Service).

Edited to insert boldfacing.

[This message has been edited by tudorcity (edited 09-21-2001).]