FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American and TWA to Stop Serving Meals in the Main Cabin...
Old Sep 20, 2001, 7:09 pm
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I have taken over 1000 flights on AA alone. Probably at least 250 of those were transcon. I can't say how much of that was just because I like to fly. However, I can say that if I didn't like to fly, I probably would not have taken 90% of those flights.

Food is part of what makes the flight pleasant, for me. Ability to take my computer or a book is part of what makes it pleasant. The ability to get there faster than driving or the train (after taking into account check-in time, luggage claim time, travel to remote lot for rental car, etc.) is part of what makes it pleasant.

What happened last week is horrendous. The resulting financial situation for the airlines (and, as a result, for the cruise lines, hotels, tourist attractions, and, as a result, the rest of us) is likely to be terrible.

I think that this announcement (no meals in coach) is like many others we will hear in the next 60 days - an unfortunate public relations decision which is likely to make the financial situation worse, instead of better.

[This message has been edited by sbrower (edited 09-20-2001).]