FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear Hyatt, Will You Please Upgrade Your Bed and Bath Products?
Old Mar 18, 2010, 3:52 pm
BlissWorld
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Dear Hyatt, Will You Please Upgrade Your Bed and Bath Products?

After several stays with Hyatt, I'm getting a little disappointed with the bed and bath amenities at Hyatt. Don't get me wrong, I think Hyatt is fantastic in several areas. Hyatt hotel staff are super friendly and very well trained. I am very happy with most of the newly renovated properties. They have also treated me very well as a Diamond.

At the end of the day though (literally), I can't help but miss Starwood a little bit. This is more for Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency (I find Park Hyatt and Andaz to be more adequate). First of all, please get rid of the water saving showerheads! I can't stand them. I'm usually green at home and try to moderate my water usage but when I'm on vacation, I want a nice and relaxing shower with enough water pressure at a 4 star hotel please! I really miss the Westin double shower heads as well as W Hotel rainfall showers.

Secondly, Westin and W offer plush and thick towels (turkey or brazil made). After rejuvenating showers at Starwood properties, I thoroughly enjoy their nice towerls...but at Hyatt, the towels are thin and scratchy! And, don't get me started on the Porta-cough, I mean Portico products..

Then, the bed! Hyatt beds are not the worst I've slept in but they don't come close to the W bed or Westin Heavenly, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper, or even four points beds! I think Starwood beds are custom beds manufactured by Simmons and Sealy. This isn't too hard for Hyatt to match.

So, dear Hyatt, will you please upgrade your bed and bath amenities? I promise if you do, I won't look back at Starwood, ever! Because now, I'm missing them a little