FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Access to Private Clubs and Bars in Hong Kong
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:31 pm
Jamoldo

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by Pickles
Agree, but the size of a farkin bathtub, and always packed with twerps. If a rooftop is what you want, can't beat Sevva or the Wooloomooloo in Wan Chai, substantially less crowded and much more civilized.
True about the size, but I meet plenty of nice and interesting people there. Actually most people I meet, even in the most vapid of situations at clubs are far nicer than in most major cities. Even if the girl is not interested in you and its visible, she usually says hello, how are you and will put up with some awkward conversation, whereas in other cities people will literally turn their back on you.

I think its a far better venue than Sevva.

Sevva's more expensive, does not have great service (and I'm being nice here despite having never been mistreated there), the view is obstructed and its incredibly pretentious for what it is (ie. blah). A nice place for an after drink work if you work in around Prince's Building and Alexandria House et al, but that's really it. Still a not so convenient (for HK standards) to LKF/Soho (but closer to Club 9).

I've never been to Wooloomoloo in Wanchai (despite living in Wanchai) and I've heard great things. Once again, location is its major downfall.

Azure is well located, has a roof that one can get on, great views and decent service every time I have gone. That being said, it's most certainly packed to the gills on weekends, no argument there.

If one wants a nice view, decent drinks and nothing too packed, go to Red, G Bar, Bar Isola etc at IFC, if on the Island. There are other great places to go on HK Island (further away from the "action") but for most Fters, I bet this should do.