FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newly Minted Platinum Elite - What to Expect?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 8:04 pm
BigPoppaCO

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by Justin7525
I think he was thinking I was the OP which is not the case. So your witty little comment was misdirected. Oh, and I do not live in EWRland. I live in SANland. And yes, my upgrades have been roughly hovering 60 percent. I chose to live on the west coast and fly to hubs rather than the hubs out to increase my upgrade possibility. So far, its worked for me. Not only as a silver, but a lot as a gold.

I reassured the OP that switching to CO was probably a good idea (maybe not for upgrades) but otherwise yes rewarding. Although the OP has stated that they can keep AA EXP so they should be just fine if they get a lot of AA flights.
A) I am glad you thought it was witty

B) Misdirected? LOL. Dude- I quoted you directly and wrote "Move to EWR-land..." (see post #12 to refresh your memory) Why would I write that if I thought you already lived there? Pay attention.

C) By writing "I chose to live on the west coast and fly to hubs rather than the hubs out to increase my upgrade possibility" you are only proving my original point about the scarcity of upgrades for plats WHO HAPPEN TO BE HUB BASED LIKE THE OP

Good lord.

Last edited by BigPoppaCO; Mar 17, 2010 at 8:17 pm