FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Info re AC3007/AC3008
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2001, 7:37 pm
Agincourt

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Hi,

I have a question regarding clearing Customs in YVR for flight AC3008. Two of my "not-too-close" relatives just arrived today on this flight. However, since they would now need to clear Customs in YVR, she said EVERYONE (that's what she said) onboard this flight was asked in YVR so a great deal of people missed their YVR-YYZ portion of the flight (AC3008). Therefore, they were then transfered to the next flight out of Vancouver.

And now, my question is, isn't that sort of a waste of resources in AC's part? I can imagine quite a number seats on the 747 would have otherwise occupied now left empty. I know AC would "transfer" them no matter what and there would be no such a real "loss", but imagine all the special services that were particularly there for the Asian passengers would now end up no uses for their original purpose (eg, Asian FAs).

So, 1)why this flight needs to clear Customs in YVR, and 2)why can't they just use a smaller plane (like A320) to pick up the connecting pax (like CP did in the past) and close it to domestic?

Thanks.