FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Mar 17, 2010, 2:09 pm
LessO2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CSBM
We are using points for a stay for our family this summer.
Nice place. Just checked out of there yesterday.

Is there a safe in the room
Yes.

and will my husband's laptop fit in it?
No.

Is there a refrigerator in the room?
Yes.

We would like one to keep breakfast items for the week.
Unless you're talking about breakfast bars or something of that size, a full week's worth won't fit.

Is there anyplace in the hotel where they have free coffee in the morning?
Room has a coffee maker and two packets of regular and two packets of decaf (both 10% Kona).

As for other locations for free coffee, no.

There is a Starbucks in the Shops at Wailea, which is about a five-minute walk.

Any tidbits about the hotel would be great appreciatedCSBM
I checked out yesterday, the place was packed with Spring Breakers. Some things I discovered:

- Rooms are not very soundproof. It's not so much room-to-room noise, but rather the door into each room seems paper thin, and you can hear hallway conversations VERY easily.

- Parking is a little miserable, as parking spaces are very narrow...many vehicles double-park. Getting the covered parking is a little difficult (though it's the same price as uncovered parking). $20/day + tax for self-park, $25/day + tax for valet. Valet will get you covered parking. Point redemption covers the resort fee, but does not cover parking.

- Poolside drinks are terrible (very weak Pina Colada and Mai Tais). The bar eats that can be gotten poolside are okay. Two drinks and a bar eat will be nearly $50, including tip.

- You MUST try Matteo's, an Italian restaurant (mostly pizza) up the road. VERY good pizza and cheesecake (the pizza is meticulously made, not a NY or Chicago-style pizza at all).

Leave more questions here or PM if you want to learn more.