FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Mar 16, 2010, 2:15 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grant75
Crap...I just looked at my total after 3 months..$2034 spent but that did include the $75 fee. I call Chase and just asked if I qualified. They said yes(but I didn't ask if the fee was included). Anybody still get the miles that might have done this too? I am going to be pissed if I don't get them since I was adding up the balances from the statements.
Nobody but yourself to blame, unfortunately.

Upthread someone did not get his 2nd 50K in 2nd month and later found out because excluded the $75 fee, he hadn't met the requirement. Lucky for him it was the 2nd month so he had time to make it up.

You need to read the T&Cs on what are qualified and what are not, for the purpose to meet the spending requirements.

As a rule of thumb for MOST reward cards, the annual fee is not qualified because that is not "spending", nor "purchase" - it is a fee to have the card.

If you receive bonuses, consider yourself extremely lucky. If you dont, good luck to fight this out with Chase.